Common Contest Problems

My friend Danica blogged about some Common Contest Problems, and her post might be a helpful checklist for anyone trying to strengthen those first 50 pages of their manuscript:

I'm doing my civic duty and judging some contest entries today. I had really high hopes for this one. In years past, I've read such good entries that I wanted to write the contest people, begging to read the rest of the manuscript.

This year, not so much.

As I read each entry, I realized that they all had the same problems in common. So I thought, for the writers who read my blog, I'd share the commonalities.


Click here to read the rest of the post.

Comments

  1. Thank you Camy for the link to this post! Lately I've been consumed with getting my Genesis contest entries ready, so I've become greedy for all of the contest advice I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Jody! I'm glad it was helpful for you!
    Camy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment