Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, February 27, 2009

Common Contest Problems

My friend Danica blogged about some Common Contest Problems, and her post might be a helpful checklist for anyone trying to strengthen those first 50 pages of their manuscript:

I'm doing my civic duty and judging some contest entries today. I had really high hopes for this one. In years past, I've read such good entries that I wanted to write the contest people, begging to read the rest of the manuscript.

This year, not so much.

As I read each entry, I realized that they all had the same problems in common. So I thought, for the writers who read my blog, I'd share the commonalities.


Click here to read the rest of the post.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Camy for the link to this post! Lately I've been consumed with getting my Genesis contest entries ready, so I've become greedy for all of the contest advice I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Jody! I'm glad it was helpful for you!
    Camy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails