I got several requests for another worksheet like my Synopsis worksheet, so I have put together a .pdf worksheet that combines all the lessons from my Characterization class.
If you've already taken my Characterization class, this worksheet is exactly the same as the lessons you got, just without any feedback from me on your homework, naturally. :)
This 35-page worksheet will help you develop your story characters. By the end of this worksheet, you will have:
1) a solid grasp of who your character is—and I’m not talking just favorite ice cream flavor
2) your character’s flaws and heroic qualities to make him/her truly sympathetic to the reader
3) the character’s unique qualities to make him/her stand out from all the other characters on the Barnes and Noble shelves.
4) your character’s desire and external goal (you’d be amazed at how this can change from your original ideas about your character as you dig deeper and discover who your character is!)
5) the motivation behind your character’s actions—and not something done over and over again, but something really juicy and unique that shapes your protagonist to make him/her a richer, deeper character
6) conflict and obstacles that directly impact your character’s external goal
7) the riveting climax of the story—both external events and also internal arc
10/2014: Update: I am in the process of updating and formatting these worksheets to have them available on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iBooks! If you bought them before and would like the updated versions, please email me at email@example.com with the email address you used when you bought the worksheet (so I can find your order) and I will be happy to email you an .epub or .mobi file of the updated worksheet(s) you bought when they're available. If you would like to be notified when my worksheets will be available as ebook versions, just subscribe to my Story Sensei blog using the Feedblitz form on the right side.