"Is it easier to write suspense because of the built-in conflict of a villain?"

I was over at Life with Missy:

I’m so excited to be on Missy’s blog today! Missy asked me to answer the question, "Is it easier to write suspense because of the built-in conflict of a villain?"


Actually, the presence of a villain in romantic suspense makes it a bit harder to write. Suspense villains tend to have very strong motivations for the evil and mayhem they’re causing, but that also means I have to make sure that their every action and decision is logical and works toward their ultimate desire.


Click here for the rest of the article

Comments

  1. I agree. After 5 contemporary and historical novels, I'm attempting a suspense and it's not going as smooth or as quick as the others. It think because not only do I have to work in the relationship between the H/h and God but now I have to ensure that the suspense element is there as well. Suspense isn't a natural part of my life like my relationship with God and my Hero.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment